Sunday, June 21, 2009

Making Every Moment Count

I've never really considered quality time to be one of my top love languages, but as the countdown to July 1st, my move date from Maryland to Kentucky, races along I find myself cherishing every moment with friends who feel much closer than the mere year we've been acquainted. Sacrificing a little sleep for great conversation over good food, fabulous bike rides, city strolls, or a plethora of birthday parties, is no real sacrifice at all. Here are just a couple of the fun things I've squeezed into the past week:
Celebrating Demetrius' entrance into adulthood with a small birthday dinner at RICA.
Erin and I enjoying a break for ice cream halfway through our ride on the Baltimore & Annapolis trail!
Culminating Girdy's 30-day long 30th Birthday Extravaganza.
One last Kate and Lauren night.
I'm frequently asked if I'm getting excited about the move, and I'd like to say yes, but with so many wonderful people to love on and be loved by, there hardly seems any urgency to leave. I take solace in reminders that my work here is finished as I see Mosaic thrive, and the comfort that on my next stop on life's journey there will be no shortage of lovable people either.

1 comment:

Kate said...

Hey! Just checking in on your blog! Hope you are settled in a little more back home :) I'm praying for you and working on getting some new friends to bring some sandwiches to the homeless park! Your impact lives on ;)
Love you