Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Finally We Can Share What Finally Happened

On Father's Day which just happened to also be Angie's 12th birthday...

The day after we passed up a great deal on a stroller at a yard sale...

 A year after we started "trying".... 
When friends who conceived effortlessly in that year, were already holding their babies, some who even got married in that year, a few who were totally surprised by their bundle of joy, and some who were completely ill-equipped such as my homeless 20 year-old friend whose husband was in jail...

3 months after we lost our first tiny poppy seed...

Years after Angie started praying constantly for a sister or brother...

Almost 3 years after she made this picture for Jon's birthday:
Notice my bump. This was almost a year before Jon and I got married, we weren't even engaged!

One month after she accused us of "not even trying!" What?!?!?!?!

2 years after we were married...

31 days after I cried myself to sleep because I felt like God wouldn't give us a baby till I was a better mother to the daughter He'd already given us and appreciated Angie more... 

4 months after I'd given up and insisted we start the foster-to-adopt process...

8 months before my busiest travel season... 

Ironically, in a month when I left Jon three times for trips, traveling for 14 days...

One week before Jon started his new job after 5 months of looking...

The actual day we had a conversation with Angie about how God uses things like making us wait for a brother or sister to teach us patience...

The exact moment God had planned it to happen all along...

We found out we are expecting!


Angie's baby brother or sister will be joining our family in February 2015, and she sure hopes it's a sister! 

4 comments:

V+Paul said...

keWe are so happy for you! Blessed news. G and G

Unknown said...

Sounds like perfect timing...how exciting! I'm so thrilled for you all!!

Anonymous said...

God is Good and His timing is always the best!

Lisa said...

Great post, didn't know all that was going on this past year. God will provide in His time.