Saturday, February 14, 2009

Feel the Love

This week has been full of friends. Ranging from 8 weeks old to over 90 years. Ones I've known from high school, college, this year in Baltimore, or have only met this week.

Last night a group from Mosaic delivered over 100 handmade Valentine cards and some flowers to the residents of a local nursing home. After sharing God's love with these very appreciative new friends at St. Elizabeth's, our Mosaic group went to dinner and became better acquainted ourselves.

Earlier in the week I took a trip to West Virginia to bond with my beloved snowboard for possibly the last time in many years. Our assorted crew consisted of a couple from Mosaic, friends and family of theirs, and a co-worker of mine. After four solid days on the slopes, many tasty meals, a few minor and major ailments, and some hysterical laughter over Brian Regan, Jim Gaffigan and Anchorman we were bonded.

Probably my favorite reunion of the week was a 36 hour trip to Greenville, SC via Raleigh Durham. I got to catch up with two of my best guy friends from the past 10+ years. Through jogging, car games, exploring, not-dancing, and eating many scrumptious treats I reminisced with Brian. And then, for a short but sweet moment, I had the pleasure of meeting Rusty's new wife.

All of these relationships, both lasting and fleeting, make me more appreciative of my very best friend, who will outlast them all and never be out of earshot; "Greater love has no one than this, that He lay down His life for His friends." -John 15:13

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you have a best friend who will be with you even when you're far away from everyone else you know! And you're helping other people to know Him too, that's the best part.

love,
Mom