Saturday, January 8, 2011

Mis Hijas

Usually, when a new child comes into a household the pets take a backseat in the family hierarchy. However, in our little family tree my puppy dog Ruby's importance, if anything, has been elevated. Maybe she can't play Barbies very well with her sister, but they still have so much in common.

Their personalities are remarkably similar. If Ruby could smile she would surely smile as huge and as often as Ange, and I think, like the two of us, she would probably have dimples. They are both always so playful, full of joy and live completely in the present. Neither of them has ever asked me what's gonna happen next, or where we're going. In life, like in the car, they're just enjoying the ride, a lesson I could definitely learn from.
All three of us are animal lovers. Puppies and kittens being high on all our lists, but high on Ruby's list for more mouthwatering reasons.
Ruby and Angie are both calm easy-going girls, but if tested, their energy levels could blow mine away any day. However, only once so far, have I had to employ the motherly ¨resting my eyes.¨ Each of them lights up like a Christmas tree in response to any affection. And they both know exactly how to use their puppy dog eyes
to win me over every time. I wonder if Ruby taught Ange that one.

Oh my goodness, they both have so much hair. Relatively, everyone does compared to me, but I think these girls must be in the top 5th percentile.

They both love to please their momma, but only one of them I have yet to discipline or even need a stern word for, because she's never chased a cat, or eaten someone else's food, or disobeyed me in the slightest. I sure hope Angelica starts rubbing off on her sister in this area.

This motherhood thing is so much fun! When's it gonna start getting hard? (Rhetorical question, don't answer that.)

2 comments:

Emily said...

Oh Lauren, oh Lauren, oh Lauren.


****overflowing with joy******

Unknown said...

What a sweet, happy family you have! Glad to hear you're learning as much from your kiddos as they are from you!