Sunday, June 28, 2009

Kuhl and the Gang

During communion this morning at Mosaic, reflecting on the past year and anticipating the next, was more emotional than I was prepared for (so much so, that I actually had to leave the service to grab some tissues).

From my first run in with Mosaic in its prenatal stages as merely a dream, to this week's festivities consisting of a surprise 30th birthday party for Carl, a going-away party at their home, and a church-wide Orioles game with the family; the Kuhls have been an integral part in my contentedness, and now reluctance to leave Maryland. Not only do they love the Lord, UL sports, and everything Mosaic as much as I do, they've also been genuine, honest, generous, open, challenging, and encouraging to me. Their faith in me from details as small as the church finances to matters as important as their children's well-being has meant so much. My favorite evenings have often been stopping in to their house for an errand, and staying for a relaxing dinner, or a not-so relaxing UL game... I was so fortunate to stumble into this church family, but I've been even more blessed to gain the Kuhls as friends through this adventure.












Also of note: I received the "green light" to head to Bolivia, this week!! I purchased a plane ticket for August 27th and tomorrow I plan to apply for a Visa!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a blessing you've been to each other! God is good!

Love
Mom