Thursday, July 30, 2009

Traveling Mercies

5 days on the road, 1,300 miles behind the wheel, 26.5 long lost friends hugged, and TNTC calories ingested (Too Numerous To Count for those of you outside the microbiology world). Last Friday, I packed my car with snacks and audio books and headed South to visit with everyone I could round up in every city my Google map took me through.

I met, and approved of, a new husband, new boyfriend, new baby, new roommate, new dog, and new fetus. On my journey I picked a gallon of blueberries from my friend's farm, ran from crazy dogs on country roads, played tennis in the rain, and shared about Bolivia a lot.
People ask me if I'm sick of talking about Bolivia, and I can honestly answer that I'm not, but I do savor the times when others have stories to share and I'm free to listen and be reminded that there are other events going on in the world outside of South America. It was a wonderful time of nostalgia, catching up, and praying with friends. I learned of joys and struggles too intimate for the pages of Facebook. And as I made my way through homes, cities, and states I recognized that God's purpose for my trip was to understand how to support my supporters. A support team doesn't have to be one-sided. I want to be able to pray specifically for the needs and desire of the people praying for
me, and I hope to have the
opportunity to encourage all of you who have been such an encouragement to me. Thank you for opening your homes, your pocketbooks, and your hearts to me!

"For this reason, ever since I heard about your faith in the Lord Jesus and your love for all the saints, I have not stopped giving thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers. I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know Him better." Ephesians 1:15-17

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It's good to know you have such a great support team behind you, God doesn't want us out there on our own -

Love
Mom