Thursday, December 10, 2009

Would You Rather?

During the long Landcruiser rides between adventures in the Salt Flats a few weeks ago, car games became normal conversation. One of the most amusing being the infamous, ¨Would You Rather...?¨ Most of the time people´s answers seem fairly reasonable, but when faced with the decision to give up the ocean or the mountains for the rest of your life, and everyone else chooses to relinquish the mountains I can come to no other conclusion than these people are CRAZY! (Putting their sanity further in jeopardy they´ve moved to one of the few countries that has no beach...)
Today, I returned from a little more traveling with my first visitor from the States. Exploring a bit more of the Andes made me even more sure of my choice to sacrifice la playa for las montanas if need be, but when you can have both, that's even better.

I also learned that I would rather have God´s creation over man´s most spectaculor, as was confirmed even in the awe of Machu Picchu.

To assuage my mild guilt upon leaving language school behind for a bit, my traveling companion commented that I'd probably get more practice with Spanish outside of Cochabamba at this point. As you will probably agree from my last post I have, for better or worse, made many many English speaking friends in Coch, so he was probably right.
I enjoyed putting my knew abilities to use, and I was blown away once again by the underrated beauty of Bolivia.

"Who has measured the waters in the hollow of his hand, or with the breadth of his hand marked off the heavens? Who has held the dust of the earth in a basket, or weighed the mountains on the scales and the hills in a balance?" -Isaiah 40:12

2 comments:

Emily said...

I FREAKIN MISS YOU.

Savannah said...

but you didnt post whether you would rather bob for apples in a tub of pus or bust a pinata full of diarrhea