Sunday, May 29, 2011

I Need Thee, Mommy

You know your English learning software's getting a little outdated when one of your English-as-a-Second-Language children's few English phrases is "I Need Thee, Mommy." She may have been a bit hooked on the Jars of Clay cover of the old hymn, "I Need Thee Every Hour," and I may not have done the best job of explaining the translation of Thee...

May 8th came and went virtually unnoticed by Ange as Mother's Day, but she only forgot May 27th, the Bolivian equivalent, until school when her teachers sent her home with her craft/my gift, strikingly similar to my Father's Day gift/craft, but nonetheless lovely.
Today, we took 3 dozen roses into church for a little surprise for the mamás. As Paul called the mothers up front to pray for them we armed each kiddo offstage with a rose to take to their mom with a hug and a sincere thank you. (Don't mind Paul in this picture, he's thrown his back out, otherwise he would surely be standing and respecting the hard working madres of La Viña.)

My little angel picked out the rose I'd earlier said was my favorite. Sometimes she couldn't be more wonderful!

There are times though when she could, if we're to be perfectly honest, be more wonderful. And for these growing pains that we struggle through most days, and for the paperwork that we're hoping so desperately to finish in time to visit Kentucky for a week in July, we would love your prayers. More specifically, you could pray that every day be as flawless as today, but without the requisite bribe of this really cool shirt.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Praying continually! Well, almost anyway. Hope you have a lot of good days this week!