Monday, December 19, 2011

Doing Life With My Ladies

If I remember correctly what it felt like to hit the sweet spot all those years ago from my tennis life, I'd say that's about what it feels like when a weekly Bible study becomes more than a study but doing life together. It's so nice to have arrived in that spot with my lady veterinarians' Bible study. We used to meet and talk about the Bible, and inevitably the conversation would always turn toward family, and ironically they would always seek my opinion on being a wife and a mother. Now, if I don't have any more wisdom on motherhood than I did a year ago, I at least have a pool of parenting anecdotes to pull from when the chat turns that direction. And even better, we also spend our time together off the vet school campus sharing in our kids' lives.
Last weekend, we all shared in the joy of watching Gloria's beautiful baby Alejandra be baptized, and it lead to good discussion about baptism and making a decision to follow Christ.
During the week we celebrated the births of two of my favorite Cruceñas, with cupcakes and salteñas at the office.
Friday, after a close-of-semester faculty-wide cookout, Paola and I slaved away in the kitchen making these delectable treats for her baby boy's second birthday.
And yesterday, we all enjoyed watching the kids race around on sugar highs at Marco's unforgettable birthday party.
Birthdays and baptisms are sure great excuses to celebrate, but sometimes with these lovely ladies, I don't think we need an excuse at all.

"...and shared their meals with great joy and generosity— all the while praising God and enjoying the goodwill of all the people." - Acts 2:46, 47

1 comment:

Lisa said...

So glad to hear that God is using you all to bless each other, that is what life's all about!