Tuesday, May 22, 2012

T-3 Days!!!!!!!

With just three days left in Bolivia, there's no shortage of bloggable moments, on the contrary there's a shortage of moments to blog, and a lack of discretion about which moments to choose if I must. Instead of doing justice to each of the beautiful things that have been happening to us, and to spare you the far-from-beautiful times because no one reads a blog to be depressed; here are a few of the most memorable snapshots of our last experiences here.

Angie had a despedida (going away party) with a few of her friends. We bought the expensive popsicles, set up the projector for the movie, and ordered their favorite pizza. The sleepover was a hit and Angie had a great time with some of her dearest friends. Pray with me that we can find girls as sweet and fun as these for Angie to befriend in Kentucky as early as next week.

 We spent some time with Talita Cumi last week as Mosaic was visiting/working their butts off for various children's homes. On our last afternoon with them, Angie and I also said our goodbyes to the home that was Angie's first good home, where she may have had her first healthy relationships, and encountered God's love for the first time.  And I said goodbye to my beloved Jenny. TC you will be missed, but we pray for you more now than we ever have and you'll continue on with us forever.
 Mosaic's third short-term mission team to Bolivia kept their streak of greatness going as they loved on nearly 150 kiddos throughout the week, accomplished more for Cristo Viene Girls' and Talita Cumi than I could have imagined, and took care of me so well as they always do. Thank you Dottie, Stephanie, Joyce, David, Brian, and Kevin.  You were a blessing to so many of us in so many ways, I pray you were blessed through being a blessing.
And yesterday, after I said goodbye to the team at the airport, Angie and I started our goodbyes with Bolivia.  The church service La ViƱa had to honor us, was the most touching tribute anyone's ever offered me. It was a precious time of closure with our Bolivian church home, and for Angie it was the moment when it all became real. After they gave us each a beautiful necklace with the Bolivian stone I took the microphone to respond to all the unmerited praise everyone had spoken and Angie started to sob and just clung to me hiding her face in my stomach. We've cheered her up since, but she's wise enough to appreciate the friendships she has here and recognize how hard relationships like that are to come by.And last night, the people who's friendship I realize will be impossible to replace; Misty, Heidi, and Bill, threw us a goodbye party so relaxed and fun that I forgot to get any pictures until probably half the guests had come and gone. When we did finally settle down for a shot, Angie refused to participate without making bunny ears; an eery foreshadowing of wedding photo-ops I'm afraid.
Tomorrow, I have to say farewell to the hens in our homemade henhouse, it will be a tearful parting on both parts I'm sure. It really is nice of God to give us so much to look forward to in the U.S., otherwise leaving would be unbearable. 

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Sounds like you are learning the meaning of 'bittersweet'! Made me think of when the Ephesians (or somebody) fell on Paul's neck, sobbing, as he was leaving them. Nice that you have made such good friends that it's painful to leave them behind. Praying for Angie's new friends to show up ASAP!