Friday, June 1, 2012

Angie Update

So many of you have been so good to ask how we're doing and offer your prayers in this time of huge transition.  Thank you, with God's grace we're well.  As I guessed it would be, the trip to Baltimore was tough on Ange.  Even before we took-off from the runway in Santa Cruz she was ready to go back to Bolivia, and comments like that escalated throughout the weekend until the third night when she was "never going to get used to this place or like this family." But Monday we had a long drive to KY with lots of time for her to decompress without the stress of meeting new people or trying new things. And then we were reunited with Ruby and her grandparents, "The Bulos!" 


Since then she's had a week of settling, vegging, and watching cartoons (which I'm counting as some serious English learning.)  Yesterday, we found her shoes and dress for the wedding then ran across the street to Krispy Kreme for some "hot now" donuts. But even more fun than all that was joining Jon at Lost Sheep, the homeless ministry where he serves every Thursday night.  On Wednesday, I asked her if she'd like to go with us and check it out.  That night she prayed for the people we were going to meet, that they would come to know Jesus.  Last night, as she passed out forks, dished out pasta salad and sat on Jon's lap during the Max Lucado video she was glowing. On the way home she said, "Mommy, I'm happy. I've always wanted to do something like that. Maybe we can bring them some of my clothes after my birthday when I get new things. Some of them know the Lord. God answered my prayer. But I'm not going to stop praying for them." And she didn't.  At bedtime she thanked God for answering her prayer and asked that the people she'd met at dinner would have families and homes, and know Christ better.  


Wow, if only Lost Sheep were every day!  I think we'll be looking for more ways to serve as a family. Ironically, I remember when I was first in Bolivia, experiencing some of my own culture shock, visiting the orphanages and getting outside of my own little pity party was the best therapy. Thank you for your prayers, God is so good!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Wow, she has definitely got your spiritual DNA, even if she doesn't have it physically! What a sweetie!!

Joyce said...

Sounds like she has found a way to give back to others. It's seems she could relate to were they are and were they could be. We will keep praying for your little family.