Sunday, September 2, 2012

An Awesome Whirlwind Tour

Twelve days ago, I wrote to you from a Florida airport, just as I am now. Then, I shared a schedule of things to be accomplished in my quick trip through the Southeast U.S. Now, with all of those activities successfully checked off my to-do list, and then some, I'm headed back to Bolivia to rejoin Angie.

Amazing ribs with some of the CVM family!
The trip was even better than anticipated.  The food was incredible: BBQ in Kansas City, pork tenderloin in a supporter's home, Panera bagels with the Auburn CVF leadership, frozen yogurt with the Tuskegee CVF leadership, pizza with both student groups, Krispy Kreme with my husband, wedding cake with dear friends, and the salads at the Shortcourse were nearly enough to tide me over till December when I return to the land of blueberries, cranberries, croutons, and ranch dressing!
Sharing Fro Yo and ministry ideas with Tuskegee's Christian Veterinary Fellowship leaders
Even better than the food were the relationships.  Reconnecting with old friends and getting to know brand new ones in Missouri, Alabama, Tennessee, and Kentucky.  I LOVE my new/future job! Working as CVM's Southeast Regional Rep for a week by sharing at the Shortcourse and CVC, then road-tripping it down to my alma mater to meet and encourage the new students and faculty advisors, gave me a great taste for what life and work will be when we return from Bolivia in December and settle into our new routine in the States. Serving in South America is great, serving in North America is going to be wonderful too. Thank you for staying with us as we follow God's lead.
Sami Jo's big day!
To top it all off, I had the honor of standing up with my sweet friend Sami at her wedding yesterday. After six weeks of wedded bliss Jon and I are big advocates of the institution and so excited to share it with friends!
The first wedding where we didn't have to catch the bouquet or the garter, a great feeling!

In the midst of all the hustle and bustle I snuck in a fun quick lunch with my family, a surprise picnic with my new mother in-law, and we found a missionary friend to stay in our house while we're all in Bolivia for three months. God truly blessed my time in the States, and it sounds like Angie was thrilled to shock all her friends by showing back up to school this week after saying "goodbye" to everyone last semester. Taller, with longer hair, more beautiful one day to the next, and with all her new English, I'm amazed anyone even recognized her!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

As usual, you and God made the most of your time! I know you'll use your final months in Bolivia (for now anyway ;0)to be a blessing to lots of folks.