Monday, July 7, 2008

Hugging the Post

Last night after lots of hugs, I put the Post back on a plane to Louisville. A group of eleven college age/20-somethings from Southeast Christian Church's Post ministry joined Mosaic this weekend in an attempt to reach out to our community.

They were a blessing to the thirsty 4th of July crowd in Columbia, MD as they handed out over 3,000 free waters and 1,500 packs of gum. They were a blessing to The Samaritan Women's House and its future residents as they left their fingerprint on the rehab of that work in progress. They were a blessing to Community Christian Church of White Marsh, MD as they served in the children's ministry for three services. They were a huge blessing to our Mosaic team as they helped us with many things that would have taken so much more time without them. But most of all, they were a blessing to me. I wonder if God sent them just to encourage me, and the other blessings were a bonus.

Someone asked me this weekend if I've had that "Oh no, what have I done?!" moment since I moved here. Without hesitation I was able to say nope. I remember daydreaming about a job that would allow me to go on every shortterm mission trip that caught my eye. This summer I have that job, I get to join every mission team from Mosaic, it's amazing!

I've never felt more at peace about where I am, than right now. I wonder if this is what the center of God's will feels like...

During the last hug at the airport, one of the guys said, "I'm a little jealous of you right now." You probably should be.



2 comments:

ERICH B said...

Oh yeah...I am jealous.

Amy said...

thanks for the props on the website...
i'm really glad to hear that you are at peace with where you are at right now...God will continue to reward your obedience for following His will in ways you can't imagine.
lots of love from Louisville (what can I say, I like alliteration?)
--a