Tuesday, July 29, 2008

With Fear and Trembling

All children are as sweet and innocent as my cousins, right?

Having served with a church plant for four years in the past, I thought I was signing on to the Mosaic Christian Church team with something to offer them. I think God finds it very amusing when I feel that I have anything to offer anyone.

"The man who thinks he knows something does not yet know as he ought to know." 1 Corinthians 8:2 NIV

I really thought I was ready for whatever they could throw at me: bookkeeping, the tech crew, service or missions teams, shepherding small groups, assisting on the Sheet Cake and Punch Committee, serving breakfast to 25 hungry high schoolers, allowing my car to tow loads two-three times its weight, Worship Leader, Choir Director...

But when presented, last week, with the offer to lead the children's ministry, I had to admit 'now there's something I wasn't ready for.'

"You can make many plans, but the Lord’s purpose will prevail." Proverb 19:21 NLT

It will be an awesome challenge and an invaluable learning experience. As my mom said the other day, "there are kids everywhere." Technology, budgets, and bands may be important to the American church experience, but no matter where God takes me to serve Him next, there will be children.

Don't worry parents, there's one guarantee that Mosaic's children's ministry will be great; Reagan Kuhl will be there every Sunday!
"(Jesus) put a child in the middle of the room. Then, cradling the little one in his arms, he said, "Whoever embraces one of these children as I do embraces me, and far more than me—God who sent me." -Mark 9:36-37 The Message

No comments: