Monday, October 18, 2010

¡Sí Se Puede!

At Talita Cumi Children's Home they've recently added a little incentive for good behavior called "¡Sí Se Puede!" (Yes You Can!) The contest seems to be working out well for the home, and it's definitely working out well for me as yesterday I got to take this little butterfly out for the day as her prize!
After church, we chose the only chilly day in months to go swimming. I offered her a movie, the zoo, and anything else I could think of, but she had the pool in her pretty little head, and I wasn't about to disappoint her on her special day.
It took me awhile to get her started on the water slides, probably because she couldn't stop shivering, but after I demonstrated the fun to be had, she was a pro.
Among the highlights for me were the stories she told me in the car in her tiny little voice, after she asked if she could turn up the music. That she hoped she could get an extra stuffed bear from the Noah's Ark activity in Sunday School so we could have matching ones. And in the car when she saw me put on my seatbelt and asked "What's that?"
Least favorite moments: when she asked why one of the turtles in the tortugeria was carrying another turtle around on his back... When the turkey vulture thing tried to attack us in the aviary. And at the end of our adventures when I had to drop her off at the home. Of course I can go back and see her any time I want, but it's just not the same as having that little angel all to myself.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a great day! She sounds like a real sweetie. I want to go back to the Butterfly Garden now!