Monday, October 4, 2010

VetRed Visits the FexpoEvangélica

"We are a network of Christian veterinarians in Latin America. We work with veterinary students and professionals in the universities, in the cities, and in the campo (country). We have Bible studies weekly with the students, monthly with the professionals, and sometimes take groups out to the campo to work with and train the farmers about their animals." This is basically what I repeated to hundreds of passersby of our booth at the Expo last weekend, except in Spanish of course.

Felicidad, my co-worker, and I took a little trip up to Cochabamba to represent World Concern and VetRed at their bi-annual Christian exposition. There were tons of other really cool organizations from around Bolivia sharing their visions for expanding Christ's kingdom in Bolivia, and many with a broader plan for reaching other parts of the world also. During the days there were speakers and discussion sessions about sending missionaries from here. One new Ethiopian friend was so persuasive that he had over 50 Bolivian pastors and leaders commit to pray, send, or go to Africa. I missed that session, but later during a conversation I may have basically agreed to take a team of our vet students over to Somalia to serve in the future as well.

I also made a few really promising contacts through our booth, now we'll see where they lead. You know I'm always looking to start new projects and, of course, for any excuse to visit Cochabamba! It was a wonderful four days, with time to run and enjoy the mountains and lovely cool weather, and plenty of time to visit old friends, the language school, my old church, and Casa de Amor, or at least 11 of their munchkins that Savannah hauled to church and lunch. She's a brave/crazy chica, love her! Love Coch!
You will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Somalia, and to the ends of the earth.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh, good, I'm glad you've got some things in the works, I was worried about you running out of stuff to do. ;-0! Glad you got to have some fun in Coch while you were there too.