Friday, November 12, 2010

Girl Time

Over the weekend I got to spend some time with some lovely ladies. On Friday, I invited the women from our growing vet school ministry over for our second viewing of H2O. The first night a week ago was such a success that they immediately wanted to make copies of the videos, which I took as a sign of their approval, but was not so sure about City On A Hill's approval. I jokingly shared with Kyle Idleman their interesting manner of demonstrating their appreciation; which is sometimes also referred to as "stealing". And was shocked to find that he was all for it! In a country where EVERYTHING is pirated, I wonder if they've ever once had permission from the producer. Unprecedented! Now the goal is to keep getting the ladies together to fellowship and study, even though they won't need me and my originals anymore. New cupcake recipes should do the trick...

Then on Saturday we had a birthday party for some of the girls with b-days in this season. The party was specifically for Adreana who turned the big 3-0 on Friday, but the little crowns came 4-to-a-pack, so we were able to extend the celebration to some Sept-Dec birthday girls as well. There was one poor (or lucky) guy at our fiesta, and one husband who stopped by briefly, but for the most part it was, as many of our reunions are, estrogen only. And that's increasingly just fine with me.
As much as I really am enjoying my time with the ladies of my different circles, none of them have proven particularly helpful in my ongoing car fun. At least not nearly as useful as some of the men who've gone out of their way to ease my frustrations. I especially wanted to give credit and thanks to Bill Janecke without whom I'd be even better friends with the tow truck driver. For a guy, Bill is pretty cool!

2 comments:

Kayleen said...

Yeah estrogen!

Unknown said...

Sounds like good times! Glad you have at least a few men in your life that you appreciate though!