Monday, November 22, 2010

A Weekend of Talita Cumi Fun

So, I know I talk about Talita Cumi a lot, but I really can't help it, for the mouth speaks what the heart is full of. -Matthew 12:34. This time I thought I'd show you, more than tell you, how I got to see the kids from TC every day this weekend, and tonight I'm going back to Skype them to their Auntie Kim who's currently studying in Canada, while we impatiently await her return!
Friday, was the kids' last day of school before their summer break, so they had a little fair of sorts. They loved having a visitor to show their classrooms and projects to, even if it was someone as old and uncool as myself.
Saturday, five of the teenagers were baptized in my friends' pool.
Among the five, were Cesar and one of his sisters, my sweet Jenny.
I'm so proud of the gentle, nurturing, beautiful young woman she's becoming.
And then Sunday, because I just couldn't get that fabulous pool from the baptisms out of my mind, I hauled all sixteen girls back for an afternoon of jumping, sliding, swimming and squealing at the Adjei's lovely home.
I'm not sure how I'll survive two weeks in the US without them...

No comments: