Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Answered Prayers

Gracias a Dios, I made it into Bolivia!
Thank you so much for your prayers. They have been so welcomed as I received the news that my grandfather passed away in Kentucky a couple nights ago.
The Lord has given me a peace I couldn't have hoped for. I am able to foucs on gathering as much information about the present situation in Bolivia and offer whatever I can through prayer, Bible studies and veterinary knowledge.
Here is a sampling of pictures to tell you some of the stories of my adventures so far.

Visiting the sand dunes of Santa Cruz with Doctora Mary McDonald, my guide here.

Posing in front of a Rubber Tree at the Botanical Garden with my new friend Lizzette from Peru, and a very rambunctious lab.

I was only centimeters away from running right into this web. At least she wasn't in my bed!

A growing group of veterinary students attend the weekly Bible study at the university.

Unfortunately, to qualify as an expert for second opinions here you only have to be from the United States. Doing the Lord's work sometimes requires you to examine testicular tumors on pitbulls.

Answering questions after my first dermatology lecture at a vet school in Santa Cruz.

I just thought this one would gross some of you out. Sorry, couldn't resist.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

More Testicles Please
Any species will do
If testicles close-ups are unavailable, panoramic views of beautiful places will do I guess.
Thanks!