Sunday, June 22, 2008

Baltimore Update

To answer the most common question asked of me lately, 'Yes, I am getting settled.' Thanks to the help of my genetic family and my Mosaic family I am moved into the new apartment and mostly unpacked. In the 2 weeks I've lived here I've had 11 different guests stay with me, including Mom above and Uncle Byron below. All the support has really helped smooth out the transition. God has been so good to take care of me through such generous friends and family.
We had our first mission team up last weekend. Southeast Christian Church's Connection Point class joined us to serve at The Samaritan Women's House below. We had a great day demolishing, landscaping, and painting. Mosaic hopes to continue this partnership as TSW prepares to open in the spring of 2009 to serve recovering troubled teen girls.

With the team from Connection Point we also did some outreach for the church launch. Some ideas were more successful than others, but overall we managed 1,514 touches to the community through passing out gum, Gatorade, snowcones, etc. The team was fabulously flexible as they were our guinea pigs for the many other groups that will be serving with us throughout the summer.
Here is the future site of Mosaic Christian Church. The most well attended movie theater in the US last year will soon house our new church family. Keep us in your prayers, there's so much left to be done!

No comments: